77 Countries STAMPED!

My goal is to visit every country in the world, and this blog will document it.

So far I've been to 77 countries, which means I have about 119 to go.
Here is where I've been recently:

Saturday, December 17, 1994

Amsterdam, Netherlands


After riding a bus across the English Channel and the length of Belgium and half of Holland, I arrived in Amsterdam. Amsterdam can legitimately be called a "Venice of the North" as it has canals throughout the city.

Amsterdam is probably most famous for legalized marijuana and it's legal red-light district; perhaps explaining it's city symbol of XXX. You see these shields everywhere in town.


I think I really enjoyed Amsterdam, though it was several years ago now, and I recall being very tired from the bus ride, and that it rained a lot for the 24 hours I was there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on my blog!