77 Countries STAMPED!

My goal is to visit every country in the world, and this blog will document it.

So far I've been to 77 countries, which means I have about 119 to go.
Here is where I've been recently:

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Snowy Mountains, Australia

Today we traveled from Jindabyne through forest and back country dirt roads. We spent much of the day in the Snowy Mountains inside Kosciusko National Park. Here we went for a short (3 mile) hike up to one of the only glacial lakes in Australia. It was foggy and chilly, with rain and wind at these higher elevations of about 5000ft. We were very close to Mt. Kosciusko, the highest peak in Australia at only 7,310ft. I was kinda bummed that we couldnt fit in a hike up Kosciusko, so I could bag one of the Seven Summits. All in all, the Snowy Mountains are not too impressive to anyone who has lived in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.
Here I flagrantly flout the law; and challenge Australia's finest to fine me $300. ( I think standing means parking in Oz-speak)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on my blog!