77 Countries STAMPED!

My goal is to visit every country in the world, and this blog will document it.

So far I've been to 77 countries, which means I have about 119 to go.
Here is where I've been recently:

Friday, September 23, 2011

Warsaw, Poland

Warsaw is a modern, attractive city of 1.7 million. It has a very pleasant, and not obviously fake old town. You see, Warsaw was completely obliterated by the Nazis in 1944 after the Warsaw uprising. Hardly a single building was left standing. It was the most destroyed city in all of Europe. So in the 1950's the Poles decided to rebuild the old town center exactly as it had looked pre-WWII. They did a wonderful job, and it looks great.
Market Square
The Barbican
cobblestone back streets
leaving from the trainstation with the Palace of Science and Culture visible in the distance.
Market Square

I only had a day and a half in Warsaw. I enjoyed the old town, and staying at OkiDoki Hostel, which was a fantastic hostel with a bar serving one dollar beers onsite! Met some guys from Canada, and had a blast wandering around Warsaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment on my blog!